Brainstorming for 2nd Phase Track Modernisation22/12 14:18
Rly Bridge Forum17/12 17:46
General Forum29/12 07:02
Works Forum17/12 12:06
Track Machine Forum29/11 20:56
ROB/RUB/LXING Forum17/12 11:36
Track Procurement Forum12/12 10:55
 How to use RSS
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/IRICEN1/themes/fisubsilversh/theme.php:138) in /var/www/html/IRICEN1/includes/sessions.php on line 249 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/IRICEN1/themes/fisubsilversh/theme.php:138) in /var/www/html/IRICEN1/includes/sessions.php on line 250
Indian Railways Institute of Civil Engineering: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/IRICEN1/themes/fisubsilversh/theme.php:138) in /var/www/html/IRICEN1/includes/page_header.php on line 477 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/IRICEN1/themes/fisubsilversh/theme.php:138) in /var/www/html/IRICEN1/includes/page_header.php on line 479 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/IRICEN1/themes/fisubsilversh/theme.php:138) in /var/www/html/IRICEN1/includes/page_header.php on line 480

View previous topic View next topic

V. B. Sood
Director (B & S)

Shared Documents

Replies: 1656

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:37 am Back to top

Good news for all engineers:

vide letter no CBS/DPG.1 Dated 24.11.2010, RDSO has informed that:
current drawings of RDSO will be available on RAILNET.

The drawings can be viewed, downloaded and printed from RDSO's home page. The homepage is at ip: 10.100.2.19 and the drawings will be available at the following click sequence:

About directorates --> Bridge & Structures --> Drawing

The process of uploading drawings has been started and shortly the same shall be completed. In future all drawings will be supplied in soft copy by uploading it on RDSO website. In case some problem in downloading is noted, mail may be sent to dbssb1rdso@gmail.com so that the drawing can be sent through e mail.

- V. B. Sood Professor/ Bridges ... 25-11-10

Last edited by SOO926 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

R.K. Sharma
Sr Section Engineer/Design

Shared Documents

No. of
Replies: 11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:08 pm Back to top

THANKS, SIR
IT WAS REALLY NEEDED.

- R.K. Sharma Section Engineer/Design ... 25-11-10

Kunjilal Meena
Dy.CE/C-I/JBP

Shared Documents

Replies: 19

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:54 am Back to top

It is good step taken by RDSO and I welcome this.
Its good to have all the drawings at one sight....It will help the field executives a lot who always in search of rdso drgs.
But, adulteration in the approved drawings at midlevel....by altering the drgs./sections will require to be checked.

- KUNJI L. MEENA Dy CE/Con/Design-1 ... 26-11-10

Last edited by MEE1303 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

V. B. Sood
Director (B & S)

Shared Documents

Replies: 1656

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:50 pm Back to top

Since drawings are coming from RDSO, we presume someone will be checking what is being uploaded. Also, altering drawings on server is not easy unless person has good hacking skill or password is leaked. So, I think there is no issue. Only thing, as with all ON LINE things, someone has to take care.

Since RDSO says they will not be sending the drawings to railways any more and everyone will have to download form the site and print at their end, I think, feedback from engineers will force the system to correct itself.

I must congratulate people in B & S Directorate to take this much needed step, setting aside dogmatic thinking and making everyone's life easy.

BTW, the drawings need to be saved and will open in all details. I have not tried to print the drawings. If there are any issues, may be brought out here.

- V. B. Sood Professor/ Bridges ... 26-11-10
View previous topic View next topic